Category Archives: Training Tips
“Keep buggering on” (Churchill): a great way to handle a crisis.
Summary: Memorize as many items as you can from the Powerpoint slide (or from items in a box).
Goal: Remember as many items as you can.
How to Play the Memory Game:
1. Separate everyone into teams of 3. Give each team a piece of paper and pen. The object of the game is to remember as many items from the Powerpoint as possible as a group, within 3 minutes. For this first round, there is no talking. Show the second slide.
2. After 3 minutes, click Enter to go to the blank slide.
3. Have each team collaborate on what items they remember and have them list them down a piece of paper. Give them a couple of minutes to do this.
4. Afterwards, ask everyone to stop writing. Each correct item that they write on the paper is worth 2 points. Name the items from the list aloud.
5. After naming the items, ask all the teams how many points they received. Next, the teams will complete the game again with the next slide, with exception that all the teams are allowed to talk and collaborate. Go onto the fourth slide and give the teams about 3 minutes to talk and try to remember all the items.
6. Afterwards, go to the blank slide and have all the teams write down what they remember. After 5 minutes, name the items in the List #2. Each correct item will be 1 point. Whoever has the most points wins the game.
The Numbers Game | Anonymous
Summary: Work as a team to display the numbers as quickly as possible.
Goal: Fool other teams into choosing your team’s definition.
– Print the answer key that appears below
– Print the set of numbers (each card should have a number on it, from 1 to 5)
How to Play The Number Game:
1. Arrange everyone into teams of 6. Ask them to select one team leader.
2. Hand each team a set of numbers and distribute them. The leader does not get a number.
Say “Each team has a set of numbers, from 1 to 5. I will be calling out numbers and you will arrange yourselves in the correct order for the number. For example, if I call out the number “Twelve thousand, three hundred and forty five” what order would you get into? Your leader can help you get into the right order. I will call out nine more numbers, and the first team to get each number should raise their hands, and gets a point. The team with the most points in the end is the winner.”
2. The facilitator calls out the numbers from the answer key.
3. The goal of the game is to be the first team to rearrange themselves to the number that you call. The leaders can help rearrange them to their appropriate positions. Once the team rearranges themselves, they have to raise their hands and stand in place.
4. The first team to arrange themselves correctly receives one point. The team that reaches 10 points wins the game.
The Number Game- Answer Key
1) 52,314 “Fifty two thousand, three hundred fourteen”
2) 21,435 “Twenty one thousand, four hundred thirty five”
3) 15,324 “Fifteen thousand, three hundred twenty four”
4) 31,425 “Thirty one thousand, four hundred twenty five”
5) 14,235 “Fourteen thousand, two hundred thirty five”
6) 25,314 “Twenty five thousand, three hundred fourteen”
7) 43,521 “Forty three thousand, five hundred twenty one”
8) 52,143 “Fifty two thousand, one hundred forty three”
9) 31,542 “Thirty one thousand, one hundred forty two”