The Numbers Game
The Numbers Game | Anonymous
Summary: Work as a team to display the numbers as quickly as possible.
Goal: Fool other teams into choosing your team’s definition.
– Print the answer key that appears below
– Print the set of numbers (each card should have a number on it, from 1 to 5)
How to Play The Number Game:
1. Arrange everyone into teams of 6. Ask them to select one team leader.
2. Hand each team a set of numbers and distribute them. The leader does not get a number.
Say “Each team has a set of numbers, from 1 to 5. I will be calling out numbers and you will arrange yourselves in the correct order for the number. For example, if I call out the number “Twelve thousand, three hundred and forty five” what order would you get into? Your leader can help you get into the right order. I will call out nine more numbers, and the first team to get each number should raise their hands, and gets a point. The team with the most points in the end is the winner.”
2. The facilitator calls out the numbers from the answer key.
3. The goal of the game is to be the first team to rearrange themselves to the number that you call. The leaders can help rearrange them to their appropriate positions. Once the team rearranges themselves, they have to raise their hands and stand in place.
4. The first team to arrange themselves correctly receives one point. The team that reaches 10 points wins the game.
The Number Game- Answer Key
1) 52,314 “Fifty two thousand, three hundred fourteen”
2) 21,435 “Twenty one thousand, four hundred thirty five”
3) 15,324 “Fifteen thousand, three hundred twenty four”
4) 31,425 “Thirty one thousand, four hundred twenty five”
5) 14,235 “Fourteen thousand, two hundred thirty five”
6) 25,314 “Twenty five thousand, three hundred fourteen”
7) 43,521 “Forty three thousand, five hundred twenty one”
8) 52,143 “Fifty two thousand, one hundred forty three”
9) 31,542 “Thirty one thousand, one hundred forty two”